No cash for Photoshop? Don’t fear. Microsoft simply launched a brand new characteristic that may allow you to use layers in Paint, the well-known built-in easy raster graphics editor, in Home windows 11.
“Now you can add, take away, and handle layers on the canvas to create richer and extra advanced digital artwork. With layers, you possibly can stack shapes, textual content, and different picture components on prime of one another,” says Microsoft in a weblog submit.
The replace is now rolling out for Home windows insiders within the Dev and Canary channels working Paint (model 11.2308.18.0 or greater). Despite the fact that some insiders have complained that this characteristic makes use of quite a lot of reminiscence, it’s nonetheless a welcome addition.
Oh, did we additionally point out that it helps transparency?
Right here’s how you need to use layers in Paint in Home windows 11.
use layers in Paint in Home windows 11.
1. Ensure you’re in a Dev/Canary insider channel and working model 11.2308.18.0 or greater of Paint. If not, replace the app via the Microsoft Retailer.
2. As soon as the newest model is put in, open Paint
3. Click on Layers on the highest proper of the ribbon. Alternatively, you can too click on on it once more to fully flip off the layers characteristic.
4. Draw any object that you really want, then click on + so as to add a brand new layer
5. For those who right-click on the layer, there are alternatives to cover, duplicate, merge, or delete — just about self-explanatory.
If you’re out there for a free graphic editor, GIMP is an efficient choice as a result of it has layering help and is superior to different free graphic editors.